Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Silvas Succeed, Chapter 1


Welcome to The Silva Saga, the first part of which is called The Silvas Succeed, and will be the tale of raising a Wonder Child in the Silva family. I have a few introductory matters, and then we'll let one of the Silvas take over the narration. Let's get started, shall we?
 


The beginning couple are named Enrique Silva and Beth Flynn. They have been selected and modified from some of my Legacy Love sets because their genes mix pretty well. About 1/10 have sort of a funny mouth, but overall, I'm happy with the results in CAS. As the challenge dictates, they start as adults and roommates. Now for a closer introduction . . .


Beth Flynn is a childish, cheerful geek with the Computer Whiz aspiration.


Enrique Silva is a neat, family-oriented creative sim with the Successful Lineage aspiration.

From here on out, we're going to let Beth take over the narration, even though she is not actually a Silva at the start of the story. ;)


Well, I guess I'd better get started on this logbook I've been asked to keep. So, everyone that will read this already knows this, but I've agreed to be part of the Wonder Child Initiative. Today I arrived at what would become my new house. The house isn't much to look at, but then neither am I. I've arrived with nothing but clothes and this logbook, and I am meant to meet, marry, and reproduce with the man who is undoubtedly waiting inside. I'm a little nervous. I've always wanted kids, and I haven't been successful in starting a family on my own, but this does feel a little drastic. Still, I agreed to the terms, and part of me is excited to see who they've paired me with.


What a relief it was to meet Enrique! He seemed pretty normal, and he was very easy on the eyes. Maybe this whole child thing will work out after all. We chatted and exchanged pleasantries for a while. It was a bit awkward, and the subject of what we were meant to do did not come up right away. Then Enrique leaned in and asked if I could keep a secret.


He whispered, "I couldn't have picked a more beautiful woman myself. You're going to be an awesome mother." I blushed, but then I thought that he didn't even really know me that well, nor I him. We would have to work on remedying that.


After that, our time was spent getting to know all about each other. At times it became embarrassing because we were getting so personal so quickly, but we had no time to lose to get started on the Initiative, and neither of us wanted to jump in without knowing the other at least a little. I learned that Enrique was very much obsessed with the idea of family, and that he planned, when he wasn't cooking and cleaning, on expressing his creative side. This would balance out some of the more carefree parts of my personality, and while he could help our child become creative, I could focus on the child's mental faculties and relate to them on a kid-level. I couldn't help agreeing with Enrique's first impression: we were a great match.


From there, things progressed quickly. I have to admit I initiated the first kiss, which surprised the more traditional Enrique. I was very attracted to him and getting to know him had put my mind at ease about the Initiative. They had planned this out after all, and I would just have to trust that they - whoever 'they' are - knew what they were doing.


And, um, things progressed very quickly. I am not usually the kind of girl to jump into bed right away, but there was something about Enrique and our burgeoning relationship that made it unthinkable not to! We didn't try to conceive that night because we wanted to get a little established before we brought our Wonder Child into the world.


In fact, that evening, as we were sharing mediocre grilled cheese sandwiches in our pjs, I started thinking about what a big task this was ahead of us. Neither of us were all that skilled, and we had nothing but the house and a small extra amount of money to offer a child. We would have to get jobs and start working towards being able to provide.


I got a job in programming, which dovetailed nicely with my geeky interests.


Enrique, meanwhile, started out as a painter, but switched to writing after achieving a few promotions. He felt the benefits of being a writer would help our eventual child more. After all, everything we did and thought for almost the next two decades would be about this Wonder Child as we raised him or her to a state of excellence.


I again surprised Enrique by initiating the next stage of our relationship: I proposed to him! Of course he said yes. By this time we were great friends, and had begun to work as a team. We decided we were ready to begin our journey together.


It wasn't long before I got a positive pregnancy test. I was so excited, but also a little afraid. This was a big step, and for the first time, I wondered about the point of this exercise. Sure, we wanted to have children, and yes, of course we wanted our child to be as fulfilled as possible, but . . . why did the Initiative care about these things as much as we did? I hope I won't get in hot water later for writing this, but I began to wonder if they had an ulterior motive - a purpose for my child, a child which I now knew I was carrying. Something about the reality of this pregnancy made me feel suddenly protective and more than a little suspicious. Still, everything has worked out so well so far. Surely there is nothing to be afraid of . . .


Telling Enrique that I was pregnant was one of the most enjoyable moments of my life up to that point. I really teased him about it and drew out the announcement until I couldn't hold it in any longer. Like me, he was elated! I didn't share my earlier misgivings with him. After all, why spoil such a beautiful thing? I needed to just trust in the Initiative.


My pregnancy was actually pretty easy, and I worked right up until the end. Enrique and I were still trying to build a little nest egg that would help us supply our child with everything he or she needed. Enrique was as supportive as he could be. Sometimes I could almost forget the circumstance under which we met; our love just seemed that natural. And now we would very soon have another one in the family to love!


In what seemed like hardly any time at all, I was soon in labor! Enrique was there to support me, as we had decided on a home birth. It was not the most pleasant experience of my life, but I was so excited to meet my little one! We had it in our minds that we would have a little girl, so that's what we had decorated the nursery for. It was very cute with all the flowers and swirly pink carpet.


However, we received quite the surprise when I gave birth to a darling boy! We named him Sawyer Silva. Enrique was a little put out that we weren't married, but we had been so busy that we had kind of forgotten! I told him we would work it in when Sawyer was older and things weren't so hectic. I knew it was important to him that I "officially" joined the Silva family, but I had too many other happy things to think about at the moment.


I knew that Sawyer was destined for great things, even if I didn't quite know yet what those might be. I was sure his would be a life of happiness and comfort, even as he would be the most skilled and fulfilled child the world had known. Surely all his days from here on out would be happy ones. What more could a mother wish for? I was very thankful to the Initiative for bringing me to this place in my life.


We changed the nursery's wallpaper, and Enrique and I took turns caring for little Sawyer. His infancy went by so fast!


In fact, it seemed like the next day, he was jumping out of the bassinet. His toddler years absolutely flew by, and it seemed like one moment I had a baby, and the next I had a child. Both Enrique and I enjoyed picking out toys, so we had been filling the nursery with things for Sawyer to play with and learn on.


Sawyer is an adorable kid and a great mix of both Enrique and me. He has my skin and eyes but Enrique's hair, and his face is an interesting blend of the both of us. He is creative like his daddy, and the three of us decided his first goal in life was to maximize his potential in this area. We are looking forward to getting him enrolled in school and starting his education here at home too. We have such big plans for him! Now I must submit my logbook, so I suppose my next report will be after he has achieved many of these goals. I know my baby is going to be so successful, and I couldn't be happier! Thank you, Wonder Child Initiative.

(Hmm, will she still be thanking them when the challenge is over and Sawyer moves on to his next goal? We'll see about that. More immediately, next chapter we will see Sawyer's childhood and start racking up some actual points! Let's get this challenge truly started! Thanks for reading and check in with me at SiMania or Boolprop.)

No comments:

Post a Comment